Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 11 April 2012

"Chachu is in loop about my career: Sanjay Dutt"



She happens to be Sanjay Dutt’s niece, but even as Nazia Hussain takes baby steps into Bollywood, she is admittedly an introvert in front of her star uncle. Nazia, who is Nargis Dutt’s elder brother Akhtar Hussain’s granddaughter, informs that she has always been “more in touch with my aunts, Priya and Namrata, than my uncle.” She adds, “But my father and Sanju chachu speak to each other on and off about what’s going on in my life.
 It’s not like I call him up and talk every day, but chachu is in the loop about what I am doing in my career,” says Nazia, who is readying for her second Bollywood outing with Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai that
will release on July 15.
Ask Nazia if she’s always been in touch with Sanju and she says with a smile: “Since childhood, I’ve had a set image of Sanju chachu in my head. When I was really small, I remember that he used to come over, but I would be completely petrified of him even though he was never a strict uncle. So, I have always been very shy and quiet in front of him. I don’t have the courage to tell (him) that I am doing a film.”
The actor, who made her debut quietly with Say Yes To Love this March, says she recently met Manyata too at the premiere of Rascals (2011). “She is also aware that I am starting out in the industry thanks to my family, who has kept everyone informed. They are happy that I am doing films but movies are something I can’t discuss with them. My parents constantly check with them (Sanjay and Manyata) that this is what I plan to do, and what they think of it. So, I end up getting the right guidance and advice,” she says.
Despite the tag of the Dutt family, Nazia admits she has gone through the same route of struggle like her family members including numerous auditions and screen tests. “Funnily, when I did my first film, I was completely clueless about how things work in the film industry. But by the time I started my second film, I knew what I was doing,” she says.
Niece times in Bollywood
Saiyami Kher: Shabana and Tanvi Azmi’s niece is readying to enter films. Shabana’s other nieces are actors Farah and Tabu.
Ragini Khanna: Govinda’s niece, famous for acting in Sasural Genda Phool, is readying to enter Bollywood.
Madhoo: The Roza girl is the niece of yesteryear dream girl Hema Malini.
Yogita Bali: The veteran actor is the niece of the late actor Geeta Bali, Shammi Kapoor’s first wife.
Padmini Kolhapure: The Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai is the niece of songstress Lata Mangeshkar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

total site viewers»

Followers