Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 11 April 2012

"Mahie didn't want to play Mona Darling"


Director Apoorva Lakhia, who is busy finalising the cast of the Zanjeer remake, says Mahie Gill was initially not keen on play Mona Darling in the film, which goes on the floors May 13. "Yes, we have roped in Mahie Gill for Mona Darling's role which was played by Bindu (in the original). However, Mahi didn't want to play Mona Darling. I had to convince her. Later she sent me a text that she wants to do the role," Lakhia told IANS.


"I am sure Mahie will take her character to a next level. She is one of the most beautiful and talented actor we have in Bollywood," he added.

Ajit had played the arch-villain Teja in the original; Prakash Raj has been roped in for the remake. Southern actor Ram Charan Tej, son of superstar Chiranjeevi, will step into Amitabh Bahchan's shoes to play the Angry Young Man.

"I am grateful that Prakash Raj and Mahi Gill are part of my film. I am very excited with the star cast. The leading lady of the film will be finalised by today. Looking forward to it," Lakhia said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

total site viewers»

Followers