Ads 468x60px

Monday 9 April 2012

"Jacqueline trains in Brazilian martial arts for Race 2"

Jacqueline
Last year, she went bold in Murder 2 and ended up tasting success for the first time in Bollywood. And this year, Jacqueline Fernandez went ahead and tried her hand at comedy
in Housefull 2. And the ex-Sri Lankan beauty queen’s experiments continue with her next, Race 2.


In Abbas-Mustan’s sequel to the 2008 hit, she hopes to deliver an action-packed performance. And Jackie is going all out to make sure she puts the right foot forward. “I will start shooting for Race 2 in May. But I have been preparing for my part since November last year to get into shape and be ready for my action outing,” says the model-turned-actor, who teams up with Saif Ali Khan, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone and Ameesha Patel in the action thriller.

The Aladin (2009) actor says that a lot of physical training has gone into preparing for her role. “In movies, action sequences performed by women require different training and techniques since they can’t train like guys. For women, its important to maintain flexibility and agility, along with a lot of fluidity. I am a trained gymnast. And now, in a way, I have gotten back to it. I am looking to do a lot of my own stunts, so I am working on different techniques. For example, I have been training in capoeira (the Brazilian martial arts). And I love it since it’s got a lot to do with dance. I have been doing a lot of flips too, besides yoga, that has been helping me a lot.”


According to her, Race 2 will be a unique film because “part one saw guys do a lot of stunts, but the sequel is going to witness girls taking on a new female action genre.”

Besides her movies, Jackie is also looking forward to the Miss Sri Lanka beauty pageant in June. “Every year, I travel to my home country for the pageant. This year too will be the same. But since there’s still some time to go, I am not thinking about it. However, I will surely make time for it,” says Jacqueline, who has also joined hands with a Sri Lanka-based modelling agency, Image Bay, to prepare Lankan girls for international beauty pageants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

total site viewers»

Followers